Medical acupuncture Southampton
Book Online using our secure online booking platform.
Medical Acupuncture is based on the Western approved anatomy and physiology of the body using hypodermic needles.
Indications for use is any manifestation of a musculoskeletal problem; muscular pain, tension and tightness, soft tissue stress and strain, trigger points and joint pain.
- Low back pain
- Tennis or Golfers elbow
- Knee pain
- Headaches / Migraines
- Cervicogenic tension headaches
- Shoulder pain and Rotator Cuff tendinopathy
- Hip pain
- Muscular injury
- Shin Splints
- Achilles pain
- Chronic Pain
Physiological Benefits include:
- Localised pain reduction
- Segmental spinal cord pain inhibition
- Central nervous system effects via pain gate theory
- Myofascial Trigger points = reduction of irritable tight nodules and painful areas in the body, most likely linked to patients pain and symptoms.
- Anti-coagulant medications
- Anything affecting blood clotting abilities
- Open wounds
- DVT / circulation issues
- Pregnancy = <12 weeks and if unknown. Never apply needles to LSP area.